Sunday, April 5, 2015

He: An Easter Reflection

He bore my shame so I didn't have to.

He was forsaken by God so I never would be.

He was crushed so I could be healed.

He suffered without cause so I would never suffer meaninglessly.

He was punished so I could go free.

He died so He could raise me from my grave.

He was condemned so I could stand in mercy, not judgement.

Though He was the rightful Son, He was laid low and disgraced so I could be spared such disgrace.

He was perfect and covered my imperfection with love and sinless sacrifice.

He chose a grave to break my chains.

He walked a path of suffering, loneliness, and sorrow so that road would lead me to life.

He embraced death to bring me home.

His loving arms guide me to the Father and lift my face to see His eyes of love on me.

Because He fought death and beat it forever, I am no longer held captive by fear.

Now face to face, heart to heart, I am accepted, beheld as righteous, adopted, and free-
                                                       
                                                  Beloved.
                                                  
                                    This day proves the promise
                                    that I am and always will be,
                                                His beloved.

No comments:

Post a Comment